Ebook readers are a new and exciting way to enjoy reading. Whether you’re an avid reader or just looking for a convenient way to read on the go, ebook readers can make your life easier. They come in all shapes and sizes, with various features that you may find useful. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about what makes an ebook reader great so that you can choose one based on what is important to you!
How Much Do They Cost?
Ebook readers are incredibly affordable. You can purchase a basic model for under $100 (check out this post for more cheap models), and the more advanced ones start at just around $100. These are the types of e-readers that will easily fit in your purse or pocket, and you can take them with you anywhere.
These ebook readers also come in a variety of price ranges. The more expensive ones usually have larger screens, faster processors, better resolution, and other bells and whistles. If money is no object to you, then choose the model that has all of the features you’re looking for. If not, don’t worry! There are plenty of great ebook readers out there at a variety of price points to fit most budgets.
What Features Should I Look For in an EReader?
There are several features that make ebook readers great. Here are some of the most important factors to consider before purchasing one:
- The Size and Design – This is a personal decision, but there’s nothing worse than an e-reader being too big or heavy for your liking! You want it to fit perfectly into your purse or bag so you can take it with you, and the design needs to be attractive as well.
- The Screen – The screen is one of the most important features of an ebook reader because this is what allows you to read your books! Specifically, consider its resolution (which means how sharp and clear the text looks), color display or not (if a colored e-reader is something you’d like, make sure it’s high-quality), and whether or not there is a glare (glossy screens have more of a mirror effect than matte ones).
- Whether You Can Listen to Audio – While this isn’t exactly an ebook feature, audiobooks are becoming increasingly popular. If you’re interested in listening instead of reading, make sure your e-reader allows you to do that!
- What Kind of Content Can It Hold? – This is very important. Ebook readers can hold a variety of different types of content, and many have memory expansion slots for more storage if you need it. Be sure the one you purchase will meet all or most of your needs so you don’t get frustrated.
- What Kind of Connectivity Does It Have? – Most ebook readers have wifi capabilities, which is convenient because you can download and read all your books without having to connect it to a computer or USB cable! However, some models do not have this feature so make sure the one you choose will work for you.
Which Ebook Readers Can You Buy?
There are so many to choose from! Here is a list of the top ebook reader brands and models that you can purchase:
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite – This e-reader has a built-in light, which allows you to read in any lighting situation. It also includes wifi connectivity for downloading books quickly and easily. Plus it’s sleeker than the Kindle Touch!
- Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch Glowlight – This is a great option for those who want to read in bed but don’t like overhead lights or lamps. It has an adjustable back light that you can turn up and down, which allows you to keep reading even if the room is dark.
- Kobo Aura HD – This high-resolution ereader is perfect if you want a bigger screen with top-of-the-line resolution. The Kobo Aura also has an adjustable front light, which makes it easy to read in any lighting situation.
- Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS-TXT – If audio books are important to you, this Sony model allows for MP14 and Audible audiobook compatibility. You can switch between reading and listening with ease, which is perfect for those who love a good book but don’t always have time to sit down and read!
- Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight Plus – This model offers many of the same features as the Barnes & Nobles’ Simple Touch Glowlight above, but it also includes a micro SD slot for expanded memory.
There are so many ebook readers on the market today, which makes it hard to choose just one! However, if you consider what your needs and preferences are, narrowing down your options will be much easier. Be sure to look at things like screen size and resolution, connectivity abilities (WiFi or not), storage capacity, audio compatibility, and more. Also, don’t forget to check out the ebook reader brands and models listed above for some of your best options!